Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Beneath the Surface"

Welcome to this new beginning of "Beneath the Surface." This is a new journey that I embark upon and I would hope that you are ready for the ride. Many times in life we are faced with some situations that are beyond our control. We have no sense or idea why things are happening the way they are and when we seek out to people for answers we tend to get the same advice that the last person told us. Therefore we find ourselves still being stuck without really knowing which way to go when we leave because we haven't been challenged to do something different or because we have become dependent on that person instead of depending on God. Well I can't say that I have all of the answers to life's problems but I know the One who does. God has every answer we need but we can only receive it if we are willing to go beyond the surface of our problems and really deal with the root(s) of our issues. Well that is what "Beneath the Surface" will be all about. I'm going to take you beneath the surface of some of the issues that we all face in life and prayerfully give you the direction that you need in order to make a turn around. Not only just in life but we're even going to go deeper into the Word of God so that we might begin to have a better understanding of what God might be saying to us through His word, because many times we miss some of the key elements that we should get out of the Scriptures. I believe it's time out for us being comfortable with the way things are and have been in life for so long. Paul said in Philippians 4:8-9 "And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you." It's time for us to go beyond the surface in God's Word so that we can Worship & Praise him like He fully deserves and that this World & our Lives might become better. I hope you're ready for the ride. Be blessed. -AJH

No comments:

Post a Comment